Angels Of The Fallen, The Watchers

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Romance, Fantasy, and Magic Author Interview The Plaza by Guillermo Paxton


Romance, Fantasy, and Magic Blog Author Interview 
Guillermo Paxton, Author





Today I have the honor and pleasure of having a good friend and fellow author visiting us on Romance, Fantasy, and Magic Blog. He's the author of the amazing, interesting, and incredible book The Plaza, Guillermo Paxton.

Welcome Guillermo, could you tell us a little bit about yourself.
I first started writing when I was in school, but just for fun, not assignments. I wrote a lot of poetry and short stories. When I was twenty-something I started a novel and everyone who had read the first few chapters told me that I should write for a living- haha, write FOR a living. I really liked that people enjoyed reading what I wrote so I finished the novel and sold it to a few people and never had it published. Years later, living in Juarez, Mexico, I was touched personally by the violence of the drug war and decided to write a fictional piece that portrayed what my family and I were seeing and living through. My family supports me 100% and they think I have a lot of talent, but I realize that they are biased-too bad the wife is not a literary agent. As far as my ideas, well, my imagination and heart of a kid makes for more ideas than time to write them all.

Can you tell us a little about your book?  
The Plaza is “factional”, or fiction based on fact. I’ll let Saul, the reporter, tell you.
“I’ve been a reporter for years, and a resident of Juarez, Mexico all of my life. I’ve never seen anything like it. No one thought the drug war would be like this. My town has become the battleground for drug cartels. Even the police are being killed on a daily basis. Bands of teenagers working as paid assassins & extortionists are hitting every business, no matter how small. Things I took for granted like going to a restaurant, getting a haircut, or even an evening at the movies with my family put all of our lives in danger. Robberies and public executions have become common place. Now when I report only five homicides in twenty-four hours, it is considered a good day.” – Saul Saavedra, crime reporter for The Juarez Daily in THE PLAZA. 

What is your writing process?  
Write it all and then try to sort it out later. 

What was the hardest part for you working on your book?  
The investigations of the brutal crimes were difficult, and put my life on the line several times over.

What influenced or inspired you to write 
I was inspired to write “THE PLAZA” because of the many reporters in Mexico that have died covering the drug war violence, and more specifically the death of Armando Rodriguez of El Diario de Juarez.  

Was there a scene that you didn’t add or remove in your finished work?  
Yes, several scenes about the federal police that didn’t fit with the book- they may turn into another book later. I need to get back at them for having beat me up (no, really) and being lying, murdering and treacherous bastards.  

Do you have a favorite character (from you're book)? Why?
Saul Saavedra is definitely the hero, a reporter who lives on the edge trying to get out the stories that may change his country for the better.  

Do you already know what to do next?    
I do.   

Where can we find more about you and your books?   
I recommend my website and my blog on goodreads.com.

or directly through the publisher http://www.nofrillsbuffalo.com/    

Do you have any last words?
I certainly hope not! I want to be around at least long enough to see THE PLAZA be a best seller or a movie.

I want to give you my thanks for allowing me to have this interview. I also wish you lots of success with your book. I do look forward to seeing the movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to chat, please leave your comment.
Patricia ♥

P. T. Macias on Amazon